Custom video production services offer HMS quad-based departments and groups access to skilled visual storytellers to support their mission. This can include on-location documentary-style video production, multi-camera studio production, video and sound editing, and motion graphics production. We can help you develop your ideas and manage your video project from start to finish. We also offer video production and live-streaming management for complex events like conferences.
To contact us with your project ideas, fill out this request form.
Note – Starting July 2022, clients must submit requests for video production projects through a request form. After submitting the form, the Media Services team will follow up to discuss your project's details and estimate any potential cost. Refer to our video services rate card (PDF) to understand the potential costs for your project. Video production services will be billed for projects outside of academic and educational content produced for HMS courses in M.D., Master’s, and Ph.D. programs.
To lower costs, billable screencast clients should consider dedicating their department’s staff time to production. The Media Services team can help you set up your screencast recording process and can advise when help is needed.
Examples of our work
Custom video production overview
Frequently asked questions
What are good applications for visual storytelling?
- Creating context-quickly framing a topic for discussion
- Demonstrating a process or technique
- Demonstrating a human interaction
- Concisely explaining a concept
- Telling a story that emotionally connects with an audience
How is Custom Video Production different from event recording?
- Project-based, often with multiple recording sessions
- Requires planning by a producer with a client
- Recorded on location or in a studio with high-quality cameras, sound, lights
- Crafted during video editing into a polished video presentation
- Can include narration, music, and motion graphics
What are the Countway Video Production Studio features and capabilities?
- 20' x 20' working space with lighting grid
- Three cameras for recording interviews, group, and panel discussions
- Variable backdrops: white, black, green screen
- Annotated screen recording with separate presenter camera
- High-quality voice recording: lavalier and boom microphones
How are custom video production projects delivered?
- As a video file for your distribution, on YouTube and other platforms
- As a Panopto link (Panopto is the HMS video platform for primarily internal use)
- As a live stream for YouTube or other live channels
What about captioning?
- Video captioning is available for all delivery methods, including live events
What about editing pre-recorded material?
- We can provide video editing and motion graphics for your pre-recorded footage
What about cost?
- Custom video production services are billed for projects outside of academic and educational content produced for courses in HMS MD, Master’s, and PhD programs.
- Custom Video Production Services Rate Card