Teaching and Learning Trainings
Custom tutorials and training sessions
Our self-paced and scheduled live trainings are listed below, but since HMS's programs and academic technology needs are so diverse, a customized tutorial or training is often the best solution.
Examples of tutorials/trainings we have offered:
- Review Canvas basics and how to set up your course
- Panopto video creation 101
- Solve Canvas teaching or learning challenges using design approaches
- Host a hands-on working session about pedagogical approaches for using Canvas tools
- Best practices for utilizing a Canvas template
- Practice using academic technologies and learn how to best utilize them for learning activities
Email us at email@example.com to schedule a custom session for your teaching team.
How to Teach Online
(Canvas, HarvardKey required) Intended for HMS faculty and program managers who support courses. The course is organized into six asynchronous modules, each focusing on a key topic in online course transformation.
Further resources on online pedagogy can be found in our knowledgebase.
Canvas for Course Builders
(Canvas, HarvardKey required) A course covering the main components of Canvas to empower instructors with the skill sets to get started building Canvas courses.
(Canvas, HarvardKey required) Learn to access the course roster and manage evaluations in OASIS, and navigate reports in Tableau.