Security liaisons for the HMS Community
Security liaisons identified for each department or lab will coordinate with their local team members and HMS IT support staff to ensure that IT systems and equipment are in full compliance with Harvard University policies and requirements. In order of priority, liaison responsibilities include:
Equipment inventory and remediation
Security liaisons will partner with IT support staff to coordinate and maintain the HMS quad-wide inventory of computers and servers and the installation of required security software on all grant purchased and Harvard-owned computers.
The liaisons will work with lab managers, HMS Security and HMS IT to:
- Coordinate schedules
- Provide access to spaces with appropriate COVID protocols
- Gather missing information, such as department staff listings, computer ownership, and equipment log-in information
- Assist with any analysis needed for onsite/remote equipment and staff
The liaisons will coordinate remediation efforts between IT staff and department personnel to:
- Ensure access to equipment for IT to assist with inventory efforts and information security software installations
- Facilitate local procurement processes with IT to ensure compliance with information security software installation, inventory of assets, and system reporting
Ongoing security communication and process coordination
Communicate updates, initiatives, training materials, and analysis, directly between information security working groups, departments, and IT partners.
Information security training coordination
Liaisons would help to identify individuals in their areas that need specific types of role-based security training. For example, individuals who have a finance role, or work with sensitive information.