Shared Network Folders
Harvard Medical School's Online Storage application provides access to data stored on the IT file server through eCommons. Using the Online Storage utility through eCommons will enable you to work with your documents from any computer connected to the Internet as well as share files with colleagues.
- Are created to share documents with individuals in your work group as well as members of other departments.
- Need to have at least two co-owners who can add, edit, and remove files as well as grant additional user access.
Secure File / Document Sharing and Transfer
HMS uses the Accellion secure file transfer service to securely encrypt attachments in order to meet requirements of the Harvard Information Security Policy, and other regulatory requirements, such as: HIPAA, FISMA, FERPA, MA 201 CMR 17.00, and others.
The secure file transfer system is not appropriate for all cases. For other options, please contact the Information Security Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The service can be accessed at https://transfer.med.harvard.edu
- The system has been approved up to Harvard security level 4.
- Any confidential information should be attached rather than input in plain text.
- An HMS email address and password are required to use this service, but no pre-registration is necessary.
- Secure File Transfer How-to Guide
- Policy on Access to Electronic Information