As a staff member at a Harvard-affiliated hospital or medical center, you may need to access HMS resources. Follow the steps below to get started.
Please note that access to most HMS IT resources is not automatic for hospital staff; you will need to request access to individual services after registering your eCommons account.
Register for your eCommons account
An eCommons account is required for access to HMS resources.
- Go to https://ecommons.med.harvard.edu and click the New User Registration link. Click Register Now.
- Enter your Last Name in Step 1. Skip Step 2. Enter your Date of Birth in Step 3, then click Submit.
- Click Continue to validate your email address.
- Create your new password, and click Submit to complete the registration process.
- When prompted, register for Safecode security, which is a self-service feature allowing you to reset your password or unlock your account should you forget your eCommons password.
- Register for Message Me to receive emergency notifications from Harvard University: https://messageme.harvard.edu/
Request access to services
Once you have completed eCommons registration, you can request access to HMS services as needed. If you are not sure how to request access to the services you need, contact the IT Service Desk.