Computer Resource Center
The Computer Resource Center at Tosteson Medical Education Center (TMEC) 225 is open to students for shared computers and printers. This integrated computer lab has:
- Eight computer workstations
- Loaner laptops
- Noise-reducing headphones
- Mobile charging stations
Note – To maintain a safe environment, we have made some temporary changes to the TMEC 225 space. The following changes will remain in place until further notice:
- Harvard ID card swipe required for access to TMEC 225 space
- There are no onsite support staff available
- Face coverings are always required in this space
- Eating and drinking are not permitted
- Please maintain a safe distance between yourself and others
- We have provided additional space between workstations
- We are providing surface disinfectant to use on high touch areas such as keyboards and mice
HMS IT does not provide repair services for personally owned computers, but there are some local options available to you:
- Computer Loft is an Apple Premium Service Provider located in Allston. Visit Computer Loft for more information.
- There are also three Apple stores that provide hardware support in the greater Boston area.
- Tech Computers Inc. is the repair service recommended for Dell and Lenovo computers. Visit Tech Computers Inc. for more information.
HMS MD and HSDM DMD students are eligible for a loaner computer when their personal computer is undergoing repairs at a repair facility. This computer must be returned within seven days or when the repair has been completed, whichever occurs first.
These loaner laptops are limited to HMS MD and HSDM DMD students only. Faculty, staff, and students in other programs are not eligible for these laptops. Check with your individual school or department for other options. For more information about loaner laptops contact the HMS IT Service Desk.
Students who require computer support should contact the HMS IT Service Desk at 617-432-2000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Service Desk and our student support team can troubleshoot remotely to address any issues. HSDM students can contact HSDM Information Technology by email at email@example.com.
Same-day on-site service is not available due to reduced staffing. If hands-on support is needed, you may be required to leave the computer for more than a day. If your issue cannot be resolved remotely and you require on-site support, contact the HMS IT Service Desk to coordinate.
- HMS and HSDM Student printing and scanning resources
- Canvas Learning Management System
- Countway Library
- Division of Medical Sciences (Ph.D. Programs)
- Harvard University COVID-19 Resources
- HMS COVID-19 Resources
- HMS – Harvard Medical School
- HMS IT Service Desk
- HMS Zoom
- HSDM – Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- HSDM Information Technology
- Master's Degree Programs
- HMS Medical Education Home Page
- My.Harvard – Student information system
- Microsoft 365 – Web access to Microsoft 365 email, calendar, OneDrive, and Office applications.
- OASIS – Additional student information system for MD and DMD programs.