Even though many of our campus facilities are closed due to COVID-19, HMS IT is still here for you. The following provides an overview of the Student Computing services available to you during the COVID-19 crises:
Computer Resource Center
Due to social distancing guidelines, the Computer Resource Center in TMEC 225 remains closed indefinitely to all faculty, staff, and students. Walk-in service is not available. There is currently no date set for the resumption of normal operations. For information related to IT support, visit our support page.
HMS IT does not provide repair services for personally owned computers, but there are some local options available to you:
- Computer Loft is an Apple Premium Service Provider located in Allston. Visit Computer Loft for more information.
- There are also three Apple stores that provide hardware support in the greater Boston area.
- Tech Computers Inc. is the repair service recommended for Dell and Lenovo computers. Visit Tech Computers Inc. for more information.
HMS MD and HSDM DMD students are eligible for a loaner computer when their personal computer is undergoing repairs at a repair facility. This computer must be returned within seven days or when the repair has been completed, whichever occurs first.
These loaner laptops are limited to HMS MD and HSDM DMD students only. Faculty, staff, and students in other programs are not eligible for these laptops. Check with your individual school or department for other options. For more information about loaner laptops contact the HMS IT Service Desk.
Students who require computer support should contact the HMS IT Service Desk at 617-432-2000 or by email at email@example.com. The Service Desk and our student support team can troubleshoot remotely to address any issues.
Same-day on-site service is not available due to reduced staffing. If hands-on support is needed, you may be required to leave the computer for more than a day. If your issue cannot be resolved remotely and you require on-site support, contact the HMS IT Service Desk to coordinate.
- Countway - Countway Library of Medicine
- DMS - Division of Medical Sciences (PhD Programs)
- HMS - Harvard Medical School
- HMS Canvas - Learning Management System - MD and DMD programs
- HSDM - Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- HSDM Information Technology
- Harvard University Canvas - Learning Management System - Master's and PhD programs
- HMS Zoom
- Harvard University COVID-19 Resources
- HMS COVID-19 Resources
- HMS IT Service Desk
- Master's Degree Programs
- Med Ed - HMS Medical Education Home Page
- My.Harvard - Student information system
- O365 (Exchange Online) - web access to Office 365 email, calendar, OneDrive, and Office applications.
- Oasis - Additional student information system for MD and DMD programs.