Student Computing during COVID-19
Even though many of the campus facilities are closed due to COVID-19, HMS IT is still here for you! The following provides an overview of the Student Computing services available to you during the COVID-19 crises
Computer Resource Center (TMEC 225) Closed
Due to social distancing guidelines, the Computer Resource Center in TMEC 225 remains closed indefinitely to all faculty, staff and students. Walk-in service is not available. There is currently no date set for resumption of normal operations.
The following location is available for your on-campus printing needs:
- Vanderbilt Hall, room 302B. This space is a computer room for Vanderbilt residents and contains a black & white laser printer.
HMS IT staff will continue to maintain supplies required for the available printing resources. If you find that supplies are low or have run out, please contact the HMS IT Service Desk.
HMS MD and HSDM DMD students are eligible for loaner computer when their personal computer is undergoing repairs at a repair facility. This computer is to be returned within 7 days or when the repair has been completed, whichever occurs first. Repair Loaners are limited to HMS MD and HSDM DMD Students only. Faculty, staff, FAS/HST and other program students are not eligible for repair loaners through this service. Please check with your individual school or department. For more information about the Student Loaner Computer Service, please contact the HMS IT Service Desk.
- Students who require computer support should contact the HMS IT Service Desk at 617-432-2000 or by email at email@example.com
- The HMS IT Service Desk and our Student Support Team will initiate remote troubleshooting support to address any questions or concerns.
- Same day onsite service is not available due to reduced staffing. If your issue cannot be resolved remotely and you require onsite support, contact the HMS IT Service Desk to coordinate.
- If hands-on support is needed, you may be required to leave the computer for more than a day.
Although HMS IT does not provide repair services for personally owned computers, there are some local options available to you:
- Computer Loft is an Apple Premium Service Provider located in Allston. Visit Computer Loft for more information.
- There are also three Apple stores that provide hardware support in the greater Boston area.
- Tech Computers Inc. is the repair service recommended for Dell and Lenovo computers. Visit Tech Computers Inc. for more information.
For information on Zoom remote learning, web conferencing, and how to access your Harvard Zoom account, visit Zoom at HMS
- HMS Canvas - Learning Management System - MD and DMD programs
- Harvard University Canvas - Learning Management System - Master's and PhD programs
- Harvard University COVID-19 Resources
- HMS COVID-19 Resources
- HMS IT Service Desk
- O365 (Exchange Online) - web access to Office 365 email, calendar, OneDrive, and Office applications.
- My.Harvard - Student information system
- Oasis - Additional student information system for MD and DMD programs.
HMS/HSDM web sites
- Countway - Countway Library of Medicine
- DMS - Division of Medical Sciences (PhD Programs)
- HMS - Harvard Medical School
- HSDM - Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- HSDM Information Technology
- Med Ed - HMS Medical Education Home Page
- Master's Degree Programs