Research Computing (RC) provides information technology systems and services that support the research mission of Harvard Medical School investigators and research affiliates.
Research Computing works collaboratively with researchers to identify, design, and deliver a wide range of technological solutions at the ever-changing forefront of biomedical research. In partnership with HMS IT, HMS Core Facilities, and your local IT Support, we design and provide valued, sustainable, and well-supported services to meet research needs.
- Research Computing- Provide computational and scientific expertise to researchers at all levels of experience, helping them identify strategies for computational research, access software and hardware resources, and effectively use those resources.
- Research Data Management- Planning, organization, and management of research data throughout the data lifecycle, including the effective use of available storage resources.
- Research IT Solutions Consulting- Innovative technology solutions to help drive research at the lab, department, or campus level.
- Image Management Consulting- Advice on how best to use the existing resources at HMS including file storage, computation, data transfer tools, and data sharing.
- Training on the use of the O2 High Performance computing environment, research computing tools, and systems.
- Training aimed at a broad audience with recommended best practices for research data management.
Support for Research-focused Infrastructure
- The O2 high-performance computing environment accommodates diverse software applications, databases, and workflows.
- Multiple petabytes of network attached storage, in multiple tiers of high performance network storage available to HMS and HMS-affiliated researchers.
- HMS Storage Request Form: Submit a request to get new HPC-accessible storage, increase a quota, or move data to different storage tiers.
- Image Management Core and OMERO platform
- High Performance Computing Software- Extensive research software tools are available in a Linux environment - including open source and some commercially licensed applications – as well as some research-focused desktop software.
- HMS RC provides an expansive list of requested research software
Specialized Research IT Services
- Resources and support for research data transfers
- Solutions for supplemental data publication.
- Bare-metal backup for device connected computers.
William Barnett, Sr. Director, Research Computing: email@example.com
Amir Karger, Associate Director, Research Computing: Amir_Karger@hms.harvard.edu
Mason Miranda, Director, Research IT Solutions: firstname.lastname@example.org