Code42 Backup Service
The HMS End User Backup Service allows HMS and HSDM Quad-based Faculty and Staff to ensure critical data is recoverable in the event of a loss or compromise or data. Any computer used by an HMS Faculty or Staff member to conduct University business qualifies for this service.
The service uses the Code42 Next-Gen Data Loss Protection software, formerly known as CrashPlan ProE, which is installed on your computer. Eligible individuals can obtain Code42 licenses at no cost.
- Read more information about the End User Backup Service
- Review End User Backup Terms of Service document
- Backs up continually over almost any network on- or off-campus.
- Recovers documents from any computer via a web browser.
- Stores document copies for a minimum 60 days.
Faculty, staff, and students working on-quad are eligible for the Centralized End User Backup Service. Read the complete eligibility requirements.
Note: Self-registered users do NOT qualify for this service.
Install the Code42 application by downloading the Code42 server.
- Download Code42 backup software
- Information about data backups
- Information on restoring data files and documents