HMS Student Mobile Device Requirements:
All MD and DMD students are required to have a web-enabled mobile device such as an Android phone, Android tablet, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Your device must run on either Android 2.3.7 operating system or better or Apple's iOS 6 or greater and have WiFi capability.
Students are free to choose any mobile (tablet or smartphone) device that meets these requirements. HMS offers wifi throughout the campus to support these devices. If you need help getting yours set-up, please visit TMEC 225.
To download mobile applications for your device, log into MyCourses. Click on Applications in the upper left corner of the frame and then click on Mobile Resources in the main frame to download an application for your device.
Setting up HMS email on iPhone
From the home screen,
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap on Add Account
- Tap on Microsoft Exchange
Enter the following information (you may need to scroll down):
Domain: (leave this blank)
Username: [your full email address in the form of email@example.com]
Password: Enter your eCommons password
- Tap Next
- Wait for verification to complete
- Select which services to synchronize. NOTE: Does not sync Exchange with MobileMe or other services
- Tap Save
Setting up HMS email on Android
- Open the Applications tray and select My Accounts
- Select Add Account
- Select Corporate Sync or Exchange ActiveSync
- Enter the following settings:
- Domain: (leave this blank)
- Username: [your full email address, in the form firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Password: your eCommons password
- Server: m.outlook.com
- Use secure connection: checked
- Click Done to submit the account information.