Computational research is an increasingly important part of any life science research project. Research Computing staff includes consultants with a life science background who can talk with you about your project, help you decide an effective strategy for the computational part of your research, and act as liaisons to other parts of IT to access the necessary resources.
- Access the High Performance Computing Environment to analyze data
- Devise an overall strategy for analyzing next-generation sequencing or other data
- Install or use a Bioinformatics program
- Enable your programs to run faster
- Build pipelines for multi-step workflows
- Filter and reformat data so that a particular program can read it