Acronis serves the purpose of securing valuable settings and configurations of device-connected computers in research. This is intended as a companion service to CrashPlan for securing research data.
- Restore device computers to a functional state as quickly as possible.
- Secure a bootable image of your device’s system drive to allow for immediate restore of a working computer to the same, or different hardware.
- Ensure a regular backup of your system or notify you of any issues preventing a regular backup for more than 30 days.
What Acronis Can’t Do
- Backup personal data - data volumes are excluded from backup
- Retain incremental backups beyond 6 months.
Request Acronis Backup
Submit a request to be contacted regarding your specific device requirements.
- Your local IT staff will install the agent software.
- RITS Staff will ensure an appropriate backup strategy is in place and follow up with you.
Basic System Requirements
- A network connected computer (required for management and backup)
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (x86, x64) or higher or OS X Mavericks 10.9, or higher
- Storage: 850 MB available
- Memory: 150 MB available
- $100 per computer for enrollment, plus $50 per year for service and support management.
- Storage is limited to 100GB per computer, including versions.
- CrashPlan can be used in scenarios where backup of data files is required.
How Acronis Works
- An agent is installed on the target computer which communicates with the management server.
- A regular scheduled backup occurs automatically at an established time.
- Additional “on-demand” backups can be created, by request, when devices are updated or modified.
- Schedule for bare-metal backup to an on-site Acronis Backup Server.
- Initial Full Backup
- Monthly incremental backups (short)
- The 6 most recent backups are retained.