To secure personal data, password changes at HMS include a mandatory process called SafeCode.
Whenever a password reset is requested, a numeric code will be sent to your cell phone (or optionally a non-HMS email address) to confirm your identity and to complete the reset.
- The single use code must be entered correctly before you will be allowed to complete the password change.
- SafeCodes expire within 10 minutes and can only be used once.
To change SafeCode device information:
- Log into your eCommons account
- Select Preferences, then Security tab.
- Click Change Settings
- Update your SafeCode device information and click Save.