Secure File Transfer
Harvard University offers the secure file transfer tool Accellion Kiteworks. The Kiteworks tool provides secure file transfer for files up to and including Level 4 data, that are very large in size (up to 50GB) or have unique file types.
- A simple, easy to use tool accessible by web, Window’s Outlook plug-in or smartphones
- Consolidated service, managed by HUIT for the Harvard Community
- Single and secure sign-on with HarvardKey/DUO
The tool is available to all Harvard users within Central Administration, FAS, Radcliffe, SEAS, HDS, GSE. HSPH, HMS, HSDM, HKS, HBS and GSD. Login and authentication is with HarvardKey primary email address (e.g. @hms.harvard.edu). Note that users who have multiple email accounts are required to use their primary HarvardKey email address to log into the Kiteworks tool and this email must be in a Harvard managed email domain.
How to Access
- Getting started with Kiteworks
- HUIT Accellion Kiteworks website
- How do external users receive a secure file sent from the Kiteworks tool?
- Settings and version support
- Kiteworks Mobile App for IOS or Android
Outlook plug-in - If you utilize the Accellion Outlook plug-in for securely sending attachments via Microsoft Outlook, an updated plug-in will need to be installed for Kiteworks. Please contact your local IT Support Team or the IT Service Desk for assistance.
- If you are not sharing L4 or HRCI secure data you can use either OneDrive (included with Office 365, see https://mso.harvard.edu/getting-started-harvard-onedrive for details) or Dropbox (see https://it.hms.harvard.edu/our-services/communication-and-collaboration/dropbox-business for details or to apply for a Dropbox account.)
- If you are sharing L4 or HRCI secure data you may qualify for a SharePoint site which is certified for this purpose. You can apply for a secure SharePoint site at https://harvard.service-now.com/ithelp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=6de6b5856ffcb100a54fa981be3ee4a8.