New Secure File Transfer Tool Available
Harvard University is offering a new secure file transfer tool Accellion Kiteworks. The Kiteworks tool provides secure file transfer for files up to and including Level 4 data, that are very large in size (up to 50GB) or have unique file types. If you are currently using the secure file transfer tool located at transfer.med.harvard.edu this service will retire May 31st.
- A simple, easy to use tool accessible by web, Window’s Outlook plug-in or smartphones
- Consolidated service, managed by HUIT for the Harvard Community
- Single and secure sign-on with HarvardKey/DUO
How to Access
- Getting started with Kiteworks
- How do external users receive a secure file sent from the Kiteworks tool?
- Download the Windows Outlook plugin
- Instructing stakeholders (Guests) to setup a Kiteworks guest account?
- Settings and version support
- Kiteworks Mobile App for IOS or Android
Outlook plug-in - If you utilize the Accellion Outlook plug-in for securely sending attachments via Microsoft Outlook, an updated plug-in will need to be installed for Kiteworks. Please contact your local IT Support Team or the IT Service Desk for assistance.
Workspaces - The new Accellion Kiteworks service does not offer the workspaces feature for storing data. If you have data stored in workspaces on the retiring Accellion platform, you will need to move it to another location.
- If you are not sharing L4 or HRCI secure data you can use either OneDrive (included with Office 365, see https://mso.harvard.edu/getting-started-harvard-onedrive for details) or Dropbox (see https://it.hms.harvard.edu/our-services/communication-and-collaboration/dropbox-business for details or to apply for a Dropbox account.)
- If you are sharing L4 or HRCI secure data you may qualify for a SharePoint site which is certified for this purpose. You can apply for a secure SharePoint site at https://harvard.service-now.com/ithelp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=6de6b5856ffcb100a54fa981be3ee4a8.