Harvard Medical School Information Technology is pleased to bring Dropbox for Business to our research community. The new offering is positioned to enable secure, supported and Harvard University sanctioned storage, sync and share. Our mission is to establish sustainable use of this tool to support research and collaboration within HMS and with external collaborators.
What You Need to Know
- HMS Quad-based staff, faculty, postdocs, and grad students are eligible for Dropbox accounts
- OnQuad and Invited Users are eligible are eligible for Dropbox accounts
- Non-Harvard email addresses (e.g. gmail, yahoo, etc) cannot be used with Dropbox
- Up to Harvard Level 3 Data only! Level 4 Data is not available at this time
Requesting a Dropbox Account
Dropbox Accounts are available for:
- Subsidized HMS Dropbox Accounts can be requested by most Quad-based Harvard Medical School users.
- Once an HMS Dropbox account is created, folders can be shared with any valid email address or Dropbox account holder.
- The form must be submitted by, and the terms accepted by, the actual hms.harvard.edu account owner.
- HMS affiliates do not qualify for this license.
- Students who work in HMS-based research labs are also eligible, by exception.
- Supported Platforms: Mac, Linux, and Windows
Read more about this service in the Dropbox for Business Administration Whitepaper