BETA Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap), is a web-based Electronic Data Capture (EDC) application designed for building and managing online surveys and data capture for research and clinical studies. REDCap was developed by a multi-institutional consortium initiated at Vanderbilt University and is designed to be a secure solution for research.
What You Need to Know
- IRB Approval is required for for/all use of REDCap.
For access to our Preview environment, for test data only, click here.
- Any/all REDCap study users must be listed on your active IRB Approval
- Available to all HMS, HSDM and HSPH Quad-based Staff/Faculty/PostDocs. Other HMS Affiliates do not qualify for this license.
- Students who work in HMS-based research labs are also eligible, with Lab or Departmental approval.
- Survey subjects do not need an HMS ID to take a REDCap survey.
What We Offer
- Online or offline project design: Use the Online Designer or offline using a “data dictionary” template in Microsoft Excel that can be uploaded later into REDCap.
- Secure and web-based: Input data or build an online survey or database from anywhere in the world over a secure web connection with authentication and data logging.
- Fast and flexible: Conception to production-level database or survey in less than one day.
- Fully customizable
- Audit trails: For tracking data manipulation and user activity.
- Automated export procedures: For seamless data downloads to Excel, PDF, and common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R).
- A built-in project calendar
- A scheduling module
- Ad hoc reporting tools
- Advanced features such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields.
- Available in multiple languages
What We Can’t Offer
- HMS REDCAP is approved for use with Harvard Data Security Level 4 data. HMS REDCap is NOT a HIPAA compliant service.
- Provide functional support for Survey (Project) creation, import, conversion or publication.
- Support and training is available via the REDCap Consortium Community Website.
- Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux
- REDCap mobile app for iOS and Android
There is no cost to eligible users of this HMS service.
How it Works
Please review the REDCap introductory resources.
- REDCap is provided by the HMS Research IT Solutions through the coordination with your local IT Staff.
- For questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.